Details about the Certificate
The Language Skills Certificate is a valuable opportunity to gain a certificate that proves that students are able to communicate confidently and professionally through the medium of Welsh in a variety of contexts. The qualification is accredited by the WJEC.
The qualification will:
- provide evidence of the student’s Welsh language skills level, which is recognised by the Higher Education sector and employers;
- encourage students to develop their oral and written Welsh-language skills in their areas of study and also in wider contexts;
- help students to realise the value of Welsh language skills in education and in a bilingual workplace;
- help students gain confidence in their own Welsh language skills and encourage them to study courses through the medium of Welsh or bilingually, where possible;
- encourage students to use the Welsh language in the workplace in the future.