Why study through Welsh?
Today, students can study at least a 1,000 courses partly or entirely through the medium of Welsh.
It’s possible to study courses as diverse as Medicine, Journalism, Politics and Geography partly through Welsh.
There are numerous advantages when choosing to study a university course partly or entirely through Welsh:
- Extra funding
- Smaller groups and greater attention
- Better relationship between lecturers and students
- Chance to develop bilingual terminology within a specialised field
- Develop bilingual skills which will be advantageous when searching for employment
- Complete a 10 day work placement in Wales or further afield
- Chance to study towards the Coleg Cymraeg Welsh Language Skills Certificate
People able to speak and write in Welsh, can earn on average nearly 11% more (Careers Wales)