Gareth studied English Literature and Theatre Studies at Bangor University before going on to study for an MA in Performance Practice at Aberystwyth University under the leadership of Mike Pearson, Heike Roms and Jill Greenhalgh.
He completed a doctorate in 2012 under the supervision of Roger Owen and Mike Pearson, with a project exploring Hans-Thies Lehmann’s concept of post-dramatic theatre (1999) in relation to theatre in Wales. The thesis provides an analysis of the work of Brith Gof and their successors and the work of Aled Jones Williams according to the guidelines outlined by Lehmann.
Since 2007, he has been a member of the performance group random people. He has been a Theatre and Performance lecturer at Aberystwyth University since 2012.
Subject / Speciality
Theatre and Performance Studies, including practical work:
- Analysing performance, performance theories
- Site-specific theatre, devising* and analysing
- Methods and skills for performing and devising performances
- The history and traditions of the theatre, drama and performance
- Analysing theatrical text; classical, contemporary and post-dramatic
- Performance Studies with Politics and Philosophy; feminism; queer theory.