She graduated from Bangor University with an LL.B. where her interest in marine law began while doing her dissertation on the shipwreck of the RMS Titanic.
In 2007 she received the Goronwy Cleaver Scholarship and the School of Law Scholarship in order to study towards a doctorate at Bangor researching underwater cultural heritage and its legal significance. During this period she taught Contract Law and Commercial Law at the School of Law in Welsh and English.
Following a spell working for Conwy Council as an electoral officer, she completed her doctorate in September 2012 and was appointed as a Welsh medium lecturer in Law on the Coleg Cymraeg’s Academic Staffing Scheme in 2013.
Subject / Speciality
- Legal defence
- Historical shipwrecks in the UK (Salvage Law)
- Salvage Law
- Maritime Law (Maritime Law)
- Marine Law
- Underwater Cultural Heritage
- UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage 2001
- The shipwreck of the Titanic
- Contract Law and Electoral Law.