Catrin graduated with a BA (Joint Hons) in Welsh and French and an MSc (Econ) degree in European Governance and Public Policy at Cardiff University. In 2014 she obtained a doctorate in language policy and education from the Department of International Politics at Aberystwyth University.
In 2012 and 2013 she was a visiting researcher at UQAM University (Université du Québec à Montréal) in Montreal and at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, and in January 2014 she started in post as a post-doctorate research fellow at the Department of Political Studies at Ottawa University.
Before starting her PhD in 2010 she worked for three years as a European Policy Officer at the Welsh Language Board. She was also a bilingual publishing officer at the Basic Skills Agency and researcher with the BBC Wales education department.
Subject / Speciality
- Language policy, education and inward migration
- Multiculturalism and multilingualism
- Minority and regional languages
- State and sub-state discourse in relation to inward migration
- Politics, political parties and the sub-state civic society.